- FOUNDED: Munksjö started its operations in 1862. Munksjö Oyj was formed in 2013, when the combination of Munksjö AB and Ahlstrom’s Label and Processing business area was completed.
- DOMICILE: Helsinki, Finland
- INDUSTRY: Specialty paper company
- OPERATING COUNTRIES: 7
- PERSONNEL: 2,900 employees
World-leading manufacturer of advanced paper products
Munksjö is a world-leading manufacturer of advanced paper products developed with intelligent paper technology. Value is created by developing customer specific and innovative products and functionality in areas ranging from flooring, kitchens and furnishings to release papers, consumer-friendly packaging and energy transmission in an environmentally friendly way.
Munksjö, a specialty paper company with sales to more than 70 countries, has four business areas: Decor, Release Liners, Industrial Applications and Graphics & Packaging.
Munksjö’s specialty pulp and specialty papers are used in several industrial applications and consumer products such as decor, release, electrotechnical and graphic and industrial paper. Munksjö operates in seven countries in Europe, South America and Asia. Munksjö is a leader in many of its product segments and aims to grow sustainably both organically as well as through strategic initiatives.
Global megatrends, such as a growing and ageing population, urbanization, growing mobility, increased environmental awareness and resource scarcity drive the long-term demand of Munksjö’s products. The transition to a more sustainable society also has a natural impact on the long-term demand, as awareness of environment and resource scarcity increases.
- NET SALES IN 2015: EUR 1,130.7 million
- MARKET CAP AS OF DEC. 31, 2015: EUR 436.4 million*
- IN AHLSTRÖM CAPITAL’S PORTFOLIO SINCE: 2014
- AHLSTRÖM CAPITAL’S OWNERSHIP: 15.5%
* Adjusted with holding of own shares